Sunday, September 4, 2011

Car Lubricants Review 1

안녕하세요, 여러분 ! Hello everyone !

Now, I will review about some car lubricants tested on my car, Suzuki Aerio 2003.
Here is the specification :

Engine Volume Displacement : 1,499 cc
Compression Ratio : 9.7 : 1
Cylinder : 4
Fuel capacity : 50 Litres


I compare Shell Helix HX 7 with Pertamina Fastron with oil viscosity SAE 10W-40

Shell Helix HX 7


When I use Shell Helix 10W-40, I feel my car is very responsive and very smooth. It's very suitable for a car which its average speed is 50-70 km/h in medium distance. And when you shift the gear at 3,000-3,500 rpm. The car still walk very smooth. For a car with medium to short compression. This lubricants gives your car smooth acceleration and reduced the noise of the engine. Even when your engine use timing chain. Several car (Like my car) use timing chain which the noise is more than the cars which use timing belt. But, with Shell Helix HX 7, you will get the smooth timing belts noise on your car. And also the fuel consumption of my car is fewer than normal condition, between 1 l : 13 to 15 km in short to medium distance. And 1 l : 20-22 km in long distance.


Pertamina Fastron Syn


When I use Pertamina Fastron Synthetic 10W-40, I feel my car get more acceleration and I can push my car until 3,500 rpm without any problem. Because it made in Indonesia, it meets any conditions in Indonesia like the weathers, temperatures, "stop & go" and the road habits. The fuel consumption of my car when I use this lubricant is 1 l : 13-14 km in short to medium distance. And 1 l : 19-21 km in long distance. This lubricant also gives responsiveness as good as Shell Helix HX 7. But, I feel the noises of my car almost did not change. Except the noises, every point of the lubricant are very good.




So, The conclusions are :


Aspects
Lubricants
Shell Helix HX 7
Pertamina Fastron Syn 10W-40
Acceleration
****
****
Responsiveness
****
****
Fuel Consumption
****
***
Engine noises
****
***
Overall
****
***,5

Okay, this is my few review about car lubricants. See you next episode !
안녕히 계세요 !

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fluctuating price of oil in the world market has led to a frenetic search for the most fuel efficiency cars, as more people feel the need to squeeze out more miles out of every gallon of fuel they pay for. Luckily, car manufacturers from all over the world have responded to the call of the times by coming up with new models that can meet the standards that customers are looking for in their vehicles. And because almost every company in the world wants to capitalize on the booming demand for fuel efficient cars, the market has been flooded with more than enough supply of these vehicles that their prices have also gone down reasonably.

    ReplyDelete